Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Mother's Heart

Well, I have the most amazing mom in the world. I am never shy about stating that. She is the most generous and loving lady that I have ever known. That is why I hurt for her so. Yesterday, we went to a mother/daughter banquet at my church. At the end of the brunch, the speaker quoted a line from the musical "Wicked." It talked about how whatever happens in a mother/daughter relationship, that daughter's hand is always on the mother's heart. As I watched the tears stream down my mama's face, I knew why. My heart breaks with my mom. I don't know what is going to happen with my own son down the road, but I hope and pray that he does not desert his daddy and me. Because you see, his hand is very much on my heart. It was there the first day I saw that positive pregnancy test....the first time I saw him on his sonogram...the first time his little cry was heard on this earth...and every "first" thereafter. I sat there and cried thinking of my own child, but also for my beautiful mother who has given EVERYTHING she could to her two girls. She didn't deserve this.

I pray a lot for Trisha. I have been very blessed to have a strong church family that also prays. Seth and I attend a small group that are awesome people...EVERY single one of them. The same day as that brunch, I met with that group and we began to talk about that morning's events. We prayed together and I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to share my heart with 6 amazing ladies. I am not saying that this will change anything. The answer to prayer isn't always "yes." The answer may simply be to wait. I am just happy to know that I do not go through these troubles alone. God has blessed me with the best friends in the whole world. He knew I would need these girls and he sent them at a perfect time. It cracks me up because quite a few of them are actually the exact same age as my own sister...they have filled in during her absence. I love my sister very much and miss her more than anyone could ever know. I know that the girls that sat around in that living room Saturday night have the same hope as I do...that someday my sister and I will reconcile and I will be able to bring her to that group and we can say, "this is the the group that prayed you home." Now wouldn't that be special???

Anyway, that was just on my heart because of the brunch yesterday morning! I try to not think about it, but sometimes it is brought to the forefront of my mind.

Thank you Rebekah, Hilary, Sara, Daphne, Heather, and Lucy for being such wonderful ladies. I love you all and feel so inspired by each one of you!!!

1 comment:

The Rusts said...

Love you Traci!!! glad your blogging again!