Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surprise!

And no, I am really not a "ho fo sho" for those of you that are concerned!







Well, I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago and I am not going to lie about it; my feelings were a little hurt. My husband, Seth, is always so good at making me feel like I am very special to him. I thought for sure that he would make my 30th extra special! January 12th came and went and he didn't make a big deal out of it. I didn't say much, but would tell others (some friends/Seth's mom and sister Betsy/my parents) that I was surprised he didn't do something for it. well, last Saturday, he made up for all that by throwing me a surprise 30th birthday party. I was not completely clueless about it because anyone that knows me knows that I am a mastermind at figuring things out. However, he did a FANTASTIC job. Seth and I had plans to go to Alexanders that night with three couples to celebrate my birthday. We were going to leave J at his parents' house and go on from there. When we arrived, I walked in and saw about thirty faces looking back at me!!! I can't even begin to explain how that made me feel. I guess it made me feel like I have definitely had a great thirty years on this earth. I have some of the best friends in the world...have loved me through everything. God has definitely been good to me. Also, seeing both families standing there made me feel extremly blessed. I love them all very much and feel so lucky to call them my family. I felt so loved and appreciated.



So we went to Alexanders and more friends joined there. That made me happy. We had a great time. Yes, our friend Greg gave me another stellar gift this year...the guy loves gag gifts. He gave me a "HO FO SHO" blingy drinking cup. The only thing it saw all night was iced tea...ha! It sure made me laugh though. That is about as wild as we get! I giggled all night long!!!



Finally, we went dancing...even more friends met up with us there! We had a good time, but realized we were too old to be at a club. I just love to dance...so much fun!!! So if anyone knows a good place to kick up your feet that isn't made up of all 21 year olds, let us know! We still had a great time and I will not soon forget this experience. Thank you Seth for all the hard work you put into this! You are the best husband in the world!!!! I love you so much!

1 comment:

The Rusts said...

best birthday party ever!!